Meeting of the Signatories (MOS)
The Meeting of Signatories is the decision-making body of the MOU and reviews the conservation status of migratory sharks and the implementation of the MOU and Conservation Plan. Decision-making of the Meeting should be by consensus.
The Signatories, joined by various organizations as observers, met for the First Meeting of Signatories to the Sharks MOU in Bonn, 24-27 September 2012.
The following decisions were taken:
- Adoption of a Conservation Plan (ANNEX III to the MOU)
- Adoption of a budget for the coordination of the MOU
- Adoption of Terms of References of the Interim Secretariat
- Adoption of Terms of References of the Advisory Committee
- Establishment of the Advisory Committee
- Adoption of Criteria and a procedure for amendments of Annex I to the MOU (Species List)
- Authorization of HSI Australia and USA as Cooperating Partners of the MOU
Meetings of Signatories are organized regularly to review the conservation status of the species and the implementation of the MOU and Action Plan. At the meetings there is also a possibility to sign the MoU.